Ridglea Presbyterian Church was chartered in 1943 at the corner of Camp Bowie Boulevard and Westridge Avenue to serve the growing population of Southwest Fort Worth. The church grew in response to the burgeoning aircraft building industry. Only five installed pastors have served the church, including one serving 31 years, and another serving for 22 years. In response to needs in the community, RPC and twelve other churches founded WestAid, a food pantry, and along with two other Presbyterian congregations, the Presbyterian Night Shelter. Both organizations still serve the needy in Fort Worth. Outreach has always been important to this congregation.
In May 2013, RPC received an unsolicited offer for the purchase of the church’s real property. The building was finally sold in 2018, five years after the initial inquiry.
RPC subsequently purchased a 9,000 square-foot church building located near the original location. Because this purchased building needs renovations and an addition, the congregation moved into a temporary building owned by Grace Presbytery in August 2018 in River Oaks.
The congregation expects to move into a newly renovated building at 5000 Southwest Blvd, in Fort Worth, within the next year to 18 months –-by the end of 2020.