Heartfelt compassion, intelligent faith, and welcoming hospitality.
We are Spiritually Alive:
Yes, we do Bible study of the kind that is both spiritually lively and intellectually sound.
Yes, we talk about a wide variety of topics:
- the intersection of science and religion.
- faith and the arts;
- spirituality, past and present;
- practical issues, such as living during economically challenging times
- family issues, such as how to strengthen your parenting skills.
Yes, we have a variety of small groups to help people grow in their faith friendships.
Yes, we have a long list of community building events that help people join together in the celebration of the life God has given us.
Yes, we are open to new ideas. One of the strengths of RPC is an atmosphere where the people of the church are given permission to think creatively and work together cooperatively to make dreams turn into reality.
Yes, we have a place for new people. In any given year, our church leadership groups are made up of a significant number of people new to the church, as well as well-seasoned long term members.
We are Inclusive:
Being inclusive is a large part of our Christian identity. Overall, it has to do with welcoming people in the Spirit of Christ. This is a congregation that welcomes:
- liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and undecided into community together,
- men and women in all leadership positions;
- youth into decision-making about our future;
- children into worship;
- open conversations and dialogue about controversial issues;
- people of different national, ethnic and racial backgrounds;
- people of different sexes and different sexual orientations;
- people of every marital status;
- all God’s children to eat together at the Lord’s supper.
Learning to be as inclusive and expansive as God is an ongoing process, and if you choose to visit, we hope you feel welcomed at RPC.